running with the grace and freedom that God has provided through the cross of Jesus Christ
running with the grace and freedom that God has provided through the cross of Jesus Christ
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Baking I love!
BRAN RUSKS
1kg selfraising flour
500 gr baking margarine
350gr bran (1 small pack)
400ml sugar
10ml salt
1 liter full cream milk
Preheat the oven at 180 Degree Celcius. Melt the butter and add the full cream milk to it. Mix all the dry ingredients in a LARGE bowl and add the butter mixture to it. Grease two oven pans and put the batter in , smoothing the tops. Cut into fingers and bake for 35-40 minutes.
When finished, leave till completely cooled and then cut in fingers. Dry at 100 Degrees for plus minus 4 hours. It depends on your oven.
You can replace the bran with 350gr of crushed wheatbix. I did it recently and everybody was crazy over it. Or you can make a mixture of bran, wheatbix and corn flakes adding up to 350gr. I just did it and I am sure it is going to be nice.
This recipe makes making rusks a delight
NEVER FAILING HEALTH BREAD
500 ml wholewheat flour
250 ml oats
10ml baking powder
30ml brown sugar
10 ml salt
500ml milk
Extra brown sugar
optional: 50 ml sunflower seed, 50 ml sesame seed and some seed to sprinkle on top.
Preheat the oven at 180 Degrees Celcius and grease a medium-sized bread pan. Sprinkle seeds in the pan (optional). Mix all the dry ingredients. Add the milk and mix till a it forms a dough. Place the dough into the bread pan, sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar over the top and bake for 40 minutes or until thoroughly baked when tested. Switch the oven off and leave the bread for another 10minutes in the hot oven. Take the bread out and let it cool for about 15minutes before taking it out of the pan.
You can easily double this recipe and it freezes very well.
I make this bread so often that the recipe book falls open automatically at its place when I want to make it. I always get lots of compliments when I serve it to others.
Baking I love!
What I love about cooking and baking is finding easy recipes that are quick to make yet delicious and a treat to others. Here are two recipes which makes baking a joy:
BRAN RUSKS
1kg selfraising flour
500 gr baking margarine
350gr bran (1 small pack)
400ml sugar
10ml salt
1 liter full cream milk
Preheat the oven at 180 Degree Celcius. Melt the butter and add the full cream milk to it. Mix all the dry ingredients in a LARGE bowl and add the butter mixture to it. Grease two oven pans and put the batter in , smoothing the tops. Cut into fingers and bake for 35-40 minutes.
When finished, leave till completely cooled and then cut in fingers. Dry at 100 Degrees for plus minus 4 hours. It depends on your oven.
You can replace the bran with 350gr of crushed wheatbix. I did it recently and everybody was crazy over it. Or you can make a mixture of bran, wheatbix and corn flakes adding up to 350gr. I just did it and I am sure it is going to be nice.
This recipe makes making rusks a delight
NEVER FAILING HEALTH BREAD
500 ml wholewheat flour
250 ml oats
10ml baking powder
30ml brown sugar
10 ml salt
500ml milk
Extra brown sugar
optional: 50 ml sunflower seed, 50 ml sesame seed and some seed to sprinkle on top.
Preheat the oven at 180 Degrees Celcius and grease a medium-sized bread pan. Sprinkle seeds in the pan (optional). Mix all the dry ingredients. Add the milk and mix till a it forms a dough. Place the dough into the bread pan, sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar over the top and bake for 40 minutes or until thoroughly baked when tested. Switch the oven off and leave the bread for another 10minutes in the hot oven. Take the bread out and let it cool for about 15minutes before taking it out of the pan.
You can easily double this recipe and it freezes very well.
I make this bread so often that the recipe book falls open automatically at its place when I want to make it. I always get lots of compliments when I serve it to others.
.
Labels
- Article (6)
- Books (2)
- Devotional (3)
- Journal (2)
- reading the Bible (1)
- Recipe (3)
- Verse (1)
- Website (1)
Favourite sites
About Me
Followers
Promise of the week
- Lord Jesus Christ, 1Co 1:8 who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Scripture of the day
- Go and learn what this means, "I desire mercy and not sacrifice." Matt9v13





No comments:
Post a Comment