running with the grace and freedom that God has provided through the cross of Jesus Christ
running with the grace and freedom that God has provided through the cross of Jesus Christ
Monday, February 23, 2009
Love covers all offenses
This is a verse that, once you have memorized it and assimilated it (especially the second part), it will become part of the two-edge sword with which the Spirit fights in order to help you in times of temptation. I have found that as soon as somebody has done something which does not please me, this verse comes up and I am able to forgive and to overlook the offense. The Spirit really uses this verse to help me not to become irritated and to avoid unnecessary arguments. An example is when the bread is finished and the last one to have some bread did not take another loaf out of the freezer and I have to make a sandwich quickly for my husband... Through the help of this verse I can overlook this and rather act in love. I cannot count the number of times it has popped up in my mind and helped me to be a more godly person. I praise the Lord for this jewel of truth!
Love,
Rosa
Love covers all offenses
Pro 10:12 Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.
This is a verse that, once you have memorized it and assimilated it (especially the second part), it will become part of the two-edge sword with which the Spirit fights in order to help you in times of temptation. I have found that as soon as somebody has done something which does not please me, this verse comes up and I am able to forgive and to overlook the offense. The Spirit really uses this verse to help me not to become irritated and to avoid unnecessary arguments. An example is when the bread is finished and the last one to have some bread did not take another loaf out of the freezer and I have to make a sandwich quickly for my husband... Through the help of this verse I can overlook this and rather act in love. I cannot count the number of times it has popped up in my mind and helped me to be a more godly person. I praise the Lord for this jewel of truth!
Love,
Rosa
.
Labels
- Article (6)
- Books (2)
- Devotional (3)
- Journal (2)
- reading the Bible (1)
- Recipe (3)
- Verse (1)
- Website (1)
Favourite sites
About Me
Followers
Promise of the week
- Lord Jesus Christ, 1Co 1:8 who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Scripture of the day
- Go and learn what this means, "I desire mercy and not sacrifice." Matt9v13





No comments:
Post a Comment