Thursday, February 5, 2009

Pro 5:18-19
Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth,
a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love.


I read this yesterday. Usually when reading these verses one thinks that they are only for men or that we will one day teach them to our sons. But I realised that these verses can also teach me so much about being a wife. Do I give my husband reason to rejoice over me? Am I lovely and graceful like a deer? Do I give him more than enough opportunies to be delighted with and to enjoy my body? And is my love intoxicating.Is my love exciting, thrilling, stimulating, sexy, exhilarating?
These are challenging questions? It is my heart's desire to become such a wife to my husband. And to think and know that such a wife is a pleasant sight to the Lord. He would be honoured by an attempt to be such a wife to our husbands. It also looks like lots of fun, so let's enjoy being a lovely, graceful, delightful, intoxicating wife to our husbands!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

| |

Pro 5:18-19
Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth,
a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love.


I read this yesterday. Usually when reading these verses one thinks that they are only for men or that we will one day teach them to our sons. But I realised that these verses can also teach me so much about being a wife. Do I give my husband reason to rejoice over me? Am I lovely and graceful like a deer? Do I give him more than enough opportunies to be delighted with and to enjoy my body? And is my love intoxicating.Is my love exciting, thrilling, stimulating, sexy, exhilarating?
These are challenging questions? It is my heart's desire to become such a wife to my husband. And to think and know that such a wife is a pleasant sight to the Lord. He would be honoured by an attempt to be such a wife to our husbands. It also looks like lots of fun, so let's enjoy being a lovely, graceful, delightful, intoxicating wife to our husbands!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.