running with the grace and freedom that God has provided through the cross of Jesus Christ
running with the grace and freedom that God has provided through the cross of Jesus Christ
Saturday, February 21, 2009
This is the day the Lord has made
These are the goals of our social and today we had our first one. It was held at my place, so I had to get everything ready. I really prayed that the Lord will keep the rain away (it is normal for it to rain in the afternoon after a hot day here in Johannesburg, and our social started at 2:30pm). The Lord did answer my prayer; it only started raining after everybody had left. By 9 O'clock in the morning two ladies had cancelled, one would have brought her children to help with the babies, so I started panicking in my heart. I know it is not about numbers, but I wanted enough ladies to justify the name "social" The Lord, however, gave me a wonderful moment where I saw the beauty of His ways. It is such a blessing to be close to Him. Why would we be anxious about anything when anxiety only takes us away from Him? I savoured this moment by having rusks and tea in the garden. I understood that:
This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it (Psalm 118:24.
This day will turn out just as God had planned it. I have nothing to worry about. Of course my peace was tested. When I entered the house, I saw that there was no water (they are working on a pipe somewhere and it could have taken a whole day!). I prayed to the Lord and said that He knows we need water; it is after all a tea. And it was very hot and we needed water for the toilet... Sure enough, he answered my prayer and the water came back at 2:30pm just as everybody started arriving!
Not everything went according to how I foresaw it. I had many expectations that were completely different to how it actually turned out to be. But i can say this; that it was great and I truly believe that the ladies enjoyed it. I can also thank God, because I know He was present and that He will bless this and purify it to glorify His name!
Our next one will be on the 21st of March, so please diarise this date and also pray for us: that this social will truly minister to others whether they be children of God or not.
Love in our precious Redeemer,
Rosa
This is the day the Lord has made
Today we had our first Cradle Roll Social. The Cradle Roll ministry at our church seeks to minister to the ladies who are either expecting or are young moms. We realise that this period in a woman's life is such a wonderful time wherein one can experience the love and guidance of the Father in so many ways. We really want to encourage other moms to draw closer to God. At the same time we know that moms can offer lots of practical advice to those who are expecting. We also want to reach out to ladies who do not know the Lord by creating a situation where they can slot in and where they can see mothers who knows the living God with their children.
These are the goals of our social and today we had our first one. It was held at my place, so I had to get everything ready. I really prayed that the Lord will keep the rain away (it is normal for it to rain in the afternoon after a hot day here in Johannesburg, and our social started at 2:30pm). The Lord did answer my prayer; it only started raining after everybody had left. By 9 O'clock in the morning two ladies had cancelled, one would have brought her children to help with the babies, so I started panicking in my heart. I know it is not about numbers, but I wanted enough ladies to justify the name "social" The Lord, however, gave me a wonderful moment where I saw the beauty of His ways. It is such a blessing to be close to Him. Why would we be anxious about anything when anxiety only takes us away from Him? I savoured this moment by having rusks and tea in the garden. I understood that:
This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it (Psalm 118:24.
This day will turn out just as God had planned it. I have nothing to worry about. Of course my peace was tested. When I entered the house, I saw that there was no water (they are working on a pipe somewhere and it could have taken a whole day!). I prayed to the Lord and said that He knows we need water; it is after all a tea. And it was very hot and we needed water for the toilet... Sure enough, he answered my prayer and the water came back at 2:30pm just as everybody started arriving!
Not everything went according to how I foresaw it. I had many expectations that were completely different to how it actually turned out to be. But i can say this; that it was great and I truly believe that the ladies enjoyed it. I can also thank God, because I know He was present and that He will bless this and purify it to glorify His name!
Our next one will be on the 21st of March, so please diarise this date and also pray for us: that this social will truly minister to others whether they be children of God or not.
Love in our precious Redeemer,
Rosa
.
Labels
- Article (6)
- Books (2)
- Devotional (3)
- Journal (2)
- reading the Bible (1)
- Recipe (3)
- Verse (1)
- Website (1)
Favourite sites
About Me
Followers
Promise of the week
- Lord Jesus Christ, 1Co 1:8 who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Scripture of the day
- Go and learn what this means, "I desire mercy and not sacrifice." Matt9v13





No comments:
Post a Comment