running with the grace and freedom that God has provided through the cross of Jesus Christ
running with the grace and freedom that God has provided through the cross of Jesus Christ
Monday, March 23, 2009
Faith in God's Word
I have read this amazing quote in Kay Athur's book Lord, I need Grace to Make It. It has shed so much light on the nature of faith and also of prayer. I find that often when I pray for something, I wonder whether I have enough faith for God to answer my prayer. Do I even have the mustard seed-faith of which Jesus speaks? An example is when I have planned an outdoor meeting and it might look like it is going to rain. I ask God to keep it from raining, but doubt whether my faith is strong enough to see the prayer through.
This quote, however, has shed light on what I must have faith in when I pray. I mustn't have faith in the amount of faith I have before a prayer is answered. No, I must have faith in God's Word. God's Word says the following on prayer:
Joh 14:13-14 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.
And:
Joh 15:7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
This is what Jesus says and we can believe it, because it is God's Word. Knowing that I do not have to rely on my amount of faith has given me much peace. My faith is changing from day to day; it is fickle. But God's Word is a rock; it is unchangeable, sure and absolute. The end result is also that we have nothing to boast in. When God answers my prayer, I sometimes think it is because I have such faith. Then I steal the glory from God. But now I see that by having faith (which He gives by His grace in anyway) in His Word, I boast in His Word and His character.
Love in Christ,
Rosa
Faith in God's Word
"[God is] a God of grace. Remember that, my friend, and trust in His Word, not in your faith. When you trust in His Word, He will honour your faith."
I have read this amazing quote in Kay Athur's book Lord, I need Grace to Make It. It has shed so much light on the nature of faith and also of prayer. I find that often when I pray for something, I wonder whether I have enough faith for God to answer my prayer. Do I even have the mustard seed-faith of which Jesus speaks? An example is when I have planned an outdoor meeting and it might look like it is going to rain. I ask God to keep it from raining, but doubt whether my faith is strong enough to see the prayer through.
This quote, however, has shed light on what I must have faith in when I pray. I mustn't have faith in the amount of faith I have before a prayer is answered. No, I must have faith in God's Word. God's Word says the following on prayer:
Joh 14:13-14 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.
And:
Joh 15:7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
This is what Jesus says and we can believe it, because it is God's Word. Knowing that I do not have to rely on my amount of faith has given me much peace. My faith is changing from day to day; it is fickle. But God's Word is a rock; it is unchangeable, sure and absolute. The end result is also that we have nothing to boast in. When God answers my prayer, I sometimes think it is because I have such faith. Then I steal the glory from God. But now I see that by having faith (which He gives by His grace in anyway) in His Word, I boast in His Word and His character.
Love in Christ,
Rosa
.
Labels
- Article (6)
- Books (2)
- Devotional (3)
- Journal (2)
- reading the Bible (1)
- Recipe (3)
- Verse (1)
- Website (1)
Blog Archive
Favourite sites
About Me
Followers
Promise of the week
- Lord Jesus Christ, 1Co 1:8 who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Scripture of the day
- Go and learn what this means, "I desire mercy and not sacrifice." Matt9v13





No comments:
Post a Comment