running with the grace and freedom that God has provided through the cross of Jesus Christ
running with the grace and freedom that God has provided through the cross of Jesus Christ
Sunday, May 10, 2009
All I really wanted was a friend
I'm the way, the life, the truth
So tell Me Jacob when will the lying end?
And does the striving make you strong?
Because when I came to love on you
You fought me till the dawn
Finally Jacob's lying down
And while he sleeps I will dream
Of a generation not known for their crowns,
Or success, but a King...
Who was not so much as interested in crowds, or
Pleasing men, but knowing Me
CH:
I have given Jacob's generation the key of David, intimacy
To open up the doorway to the nations, and release
Revelation, of intimacy, with me
Jacob had a dream for all the ages
Jacob had a drive to build a nation
But the fighting is in vain
If your only aim is to build your own great name
Because My dream's not what you do
Jacob will you dream for me
The way that I have dreamed for you
CH:
I have given Jacob's generation the key of David, intimacy
To open up the doorway to the nations, and release
Revelation, of intimacy, with me
This song has been very instrumental in my walk with God and in understanding His grace to me. It is an interpretation, or one could say a poem, of Jacob's life and walk with God as an example of how we often strive and try to please God through our own efforts and also often live for ourselves and for building our empires. We try "to build our own great names." But as the lyrics show, it is about God, about dreaming for God's kingdom and about showing the nations that one can be reconciled to Him and have intimacy with Him. Finally, it is about the KING, who is not interested in the crowns of this world, or in pleasing men, but in knowing God and fulfilling His purposes.
This song fills me with praise for God, my Father. He chose us before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight in love (Ephesians 1). He formed His plan while we "were sleeping." I need to know this. I need to know this life is not about me, because if it was, and about my work and accomplishments and successess, then I would be dispairing all the time. God has freed us from ourselves so that we can rest; it is for freedom that Christ has set us free (Galatians5:1). And, most importantly, we are also freed to focus on God's glory, His Kingdom and on pleasing Him by bearing fruit for Him.
Jacob really longed to be a hero
All I really wanted was a friend
I'm the way, the life, the truth
So tell Me Jacob when will the lying end?
And does the striving make you strong?
Because when I came to love on you
You fought me till the dawn
Finally Jacob's lying down
And while he sleeps I will dream
Of a generation not known for their crowns,
Or success, but a King...
Who was not so much as interested in crowds, or
Pleasing men, but knowing Me
CH:
I have given Jacob's generation the key of David, intimacy
To open up the doorway to the nations, and release
Revelation, of intimacy, with me
Jacob had a dream for all the ages
Jacob had a drive to build a nation
But the fighting is in vain
If your only aim is to build your own great name
Because My dream's not what you do
Jacob will you dream for me
The way that I have dreamed for you
CH:
I have given Jacob's generation the key of David, intimacy
To open up the doorway to the nations, and release
Revelation, of intimacy, with me
This song has been very instrumental in my walk with God and in understanding His grace to me. It is an interpretation, or one could say a poem, of Jacob's life and walk with God as an example of how we often strive and try to please God through our own efforts and also often live for ourselves and for building our empires. We try "to build our own great names." But as the lyrics show, it is about God, about dreaming for God's kingdom and about showing the nations that one can be reconciled to Him and have intimacy with Him. Finally, it is about the KING, who is not interested in the crowns of this world, or in pleasing men, but in knowing God and fulfilling His purposes.
This song fills me with praise for God, my Father. He chose us before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight in love (Ephesians 1). He formed His plan while we "were sleeping." I need to know this. I need to know this life is not about me, because if it was, and about my work and accomplishments and successess, then I would be dispairing all the time. God has freed us from ourselves so that we can rest; it is for freedom that Christ has set us free (Galatians5:1). And, most importantly, we are also freed to focus on God's glory, His Kingdom and on pleasing Him by bearing fruit for Him.
.
Labels
- Article (6)
- Books (2)
- Devotional (3)
- Journal (2)
- reading the Bible (1)
- Recipe (3)
- Verse (1)
- Website (1)
Blog Archive
Favourite sites
About Me
Followers
Promise of the week
- Lord Jesus Christ, 1Co 1:8 who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Scripture of the day
- Go and learn what this means, "I desire mercy and not sacrifice." Matt9v13





No comments:
Post a Comment