Monday, June 1, 2009

The Bible in 90 days

I was sitting one day with God's Word in my hands and I said to the Lord that I would just love to eat it and be able to know everything in a moment; to have verses at my disposal and to see what God has revealed to us of Himself and His redemption plan; to be able to teach my children on a spicific subject from His Word... I would love to be able to do that. I have read through the Bible once, but that was over a year and I found that it was difficult to stay motivated and not to lose track of what was happening.
After I said this strange thing to the Lord, I don't know whether it was the same day or the next, I found this exciting and challenging website: http://www.biblein90days.org/
I felt a sense of adventure at the idea of reading the Bible in three months. I also wondered if this was not maybe the Lord's answer to my heart's desire.
I am already at day 9. Yes, it is a lot of reading to do in a day. I can, however say that I have been blessed in such a great way by reading the Bible like this. One gets much more of an over all view and also a sense of continuation. I make short, quick notes when a specific verse stands out or on specific subjects, which I will look at again when I have finished. Reading the Bible has become so exciting, a good reason to get up early. I also take my Bible with me wherever I go in case I can get some reading done.
I am not writing this to brag about what I am doing. I have been so encouraged and I really want to encourage others to take up the challenge and see how they can be blessed.
Let me know if you would also like to do it and we can keep each other accountable.
Love,
Rosa

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bible in 90 days

| |

I was sitting one day with God's Word in my hands and I said to the Lord that I would just love to eat it and be able to know everything in a moment; to have verses at my disposal and to see what God has revealed to us of Himself and His redemption plan; to be able to teach my children on a spicific subject from His Word... I would love to be able to do that. I have read through the Bible once, but that was over a year and I found that it was difficult to stay motivated and not to lose track of what was happening.
After I said this strange thing to the Lord, I don't know whether it was the same day or the next, I found this exciting and challenging website: http://www.biblein90days.org/
I felt a sense of adventure at the idea of reading the Bible in three months. I also wondered if this was not maybe the Lord's answer to my heart's desire.
I am already at day 9. Yes, it is a lot of reading to do in a day. I can, however say that I have been blessed in such a great way by reading the Bible like this. One gets much more of an over all view and also a sense of continuation. I make short, quick notes when a specific verse stands out or on specific subjects, which I will look at again when I have finished. Reading the Bible has become so exciting, a good reason to get up early. I also take my Bible with me wherever I go in case I can get some reading done.
I am not writing this to brag about what I am doing. I have been so encouraged and I really want to encourage others to take up the challenge and see how they can be blessed.
Let me know if you would also like to do it and we can keep each other accountable.
Love,
Rosa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.